Okta SCIM Integration
- New user creation:
- New users created through OKTA will also be created in the Spotinst organization.
- User deletion:
- Users deactivated through OKTA will be deleted from the Spotinst organization.
- User recreation:
- Previously deactivated users, can be reactivated on OKTA, and will be recreated in the Spotinst organization.
- Import User
- Import existing Spotinst users in Okta.
- Okta account.
- Spotinst account.
- Spotinst SSO configured.
- Default Relay State.
- Spotinst Bearer Token.
Step-by-Step Configuration Instructions
- In the Okta dashboard, click on “Admin”.
- Afterward, from the top menu, select “applications”.
- Click on “Add application”.
- Search for “Spotinst” and select the “Spotinst” object under Integrations.
- In the Integration page, click on “Add”.
- Click on “Configure API Integration”.
- Verify that the “Enable API Integration” checkbox is enabled.
- Insert the API token (configured as part of the prerequisites).
- Click on “Test API Integration”.
- After Completion click on “Save”.
- You will find yourself back at the “To App” settings, under the provisioning tab. Click on “Edit”.
- Select the checkboxes for “Create Users”, “Update User Attributes” and “Deactivate Users”, then Hit Save.
Import existing users
- Browse to the “Import” tab.
- Click on “Import now” and then click “Ok”.
- Select the users which you would like to assign to Spotinst by selecting the checkbox on the right.
- After selecting the users, click on “Confirm Assignments”.
- Click on “Confirm”.
- Browse to the “Provisioning” tab.
- Select “To App” from the left-hand menu.
- Click on “Force Sync”.
Add a new user
- From the top menu, select “Directory” and then “People”.
- Select the user.
- Click on “Assign Application”.
- Select “Spotinst SCIM” and then click on “Assign”.
- In this screen, click on “Save and go back”.
- This integration deals with user creation & deletion, it does not update existing users.
Note that “Update User Attributes” should still be enabled, as described in step 8 of the App Installation” instructions. This is in order to support the “Force Sync” step, necessary for importing users.
- It does not affect existing users in any way.
- In order to use this integration, the Spotinst organization should have more than 1 user attached to it.