Use the procedure on this page if you are connecting to Spotinst for the first time. If you are an existing Spotinst customer and just want to connect your AWS Cost and Usage Reports to start using Cloud Analyzer, use the following procedure: Connect your AWS Master Payer Account: Existing Customer.
Organization administration permissions in Cloud Analyzer are required to register an organization to Cloud Analyzer.
Getting started with Cloud Analyzer on AWS requires read-only permissions to the Cost and Usage Reports, which are located in the Master Payer account.
To start the connection wizard, do the following:
- Log in to the Spotinst console.
- Click on AWS.
The connection wizard appears as shown below.
From here, follow the steps in the wizard to connect your account.
Mark whether you are connecting from AWS China.
Log in to your AWS Master Payer account.
- If your account is not managed by an MSP, complete Step 3 and continue with the setup.
- If your Account is managed by an MSP, your MSP must set up the Cost and Usage reports as described here. Skip Step 3 and continue with Step 4.
Select the Spotinst products you CloudFormation template will include.
Set up Cost and Usage Reports and enter the bucket name where the report is located.
- To go to AWS Cost and Usage Report setup, click here.
- To create a new report, follow the illustrations below.
- Include Resource IDs under Additional report details”
- Enable Data refresh settings.
- Time granularity Units should be Hourly.
- Enable report data integration for Amazon Athena.
Mark the checkboxes as shown below.
- In your AWS account, go to the Cost and Usage Reports page.
- Under Delivery Options, copy the S3 Bucket value.
- Return to your account in the Spotinst Console and paste the name of the S3 bucket where the hourly cost and usage reports are stored.
- Open the linked Cloudformation Template and create the required IAM Role and Policy.
- Mark the checkbox acknowledging that CloudFormation will create IAM resources, and click create.
- Once the stack is created, copy the Spotinst Role ARNs from the CloudFormation stack Outputs tab.
- Paste the Spotinst Role ARNs in the wizard.
Once your Organization is connected to the Spotinst Cloud Analyzer, initial data processing will take up to 48 hours. You will be notified via email when your dashboards are ready.