This page includes information required to install Halyard and set up Spot as a cloud provider in Spinnaker. Halyard is the configuration service which manages the lifecycle of Spinnaker services.
The procedures for setting up and completing the Spinnaker integration with Spot assume a working knowledge of and experience working with Spinnaker.
Before you start this procedure, you must complete the following:
- Open a Spot account and connect your cloud provider. (See Connect Your Cloud Provider Account.)
- Get an API token. (See Create an API Token.)
- Use the Spot console to create your Elastigroups.
- It is highly recommended to have a Spot account that contains only Elastigroups managed in Spinnaker.
- Ensure that all of your Elastigroups are named according to the Spinnaker naming convention: application_name-stack-infrastructure_version
- Using the Spinnaker dashboard to create Elastigroups is not currently supported.
Use the commands below to install Halyard from the Git repository:
git clone https://github.com/spotinst/spinnaker-halyard.git git checkout add_spot_provider
Add Spot as a Cloud Provider
To add Spot to Spinnaker as a cloud provider, complete the steps below. This procedure is for MacOSX.
- Move to the folder of the git repository and change directories as follows:
- Run the local command
gradlewthat is located in the folder.
The halyard service is running and can interact with the halyard client.
- Open a new terminal and move to the same directory as before:
- Run the following commands to add Spot as a cloud provider and register to your Spot Account:
./hal config provider spot edit --api-token <SPOT_API_TOKEN> ./hal config provider spot account add <SPOT_ACC_NAME> --account-id <SPOT_ACC_ID> ./hal config provider spot enable
Continue to the next task: Set up Environment as Local Git.